Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Finding Spiritual Courage in Troubling Times-Valour

By: Christi

One of my favorite quotes comes from First Lady Eleanor Roosevelt, “You must do the thing you think you cannot do.” The first time I came across this quote many years ago, I literally felt it in my solar plexus like a punch. Talk about words having power!

Over the years, these words of wisdom from Eleanor Roosevelt have popped up time and again. Just recently I noticed while re-reading “The Blossoming Heart,” book that Robbie Zeck uses this exact quote on her page for Cedarwood, connecting it to spiritual courage. Here we go again!

Marge uses Atlas Cedarwood as a main component of our Valour Synergy, created in response to requests after the terrorist attacks on 9/11. Those who have used it say it is safe and protecting, supporting and strengthening, alleviating fear or fears. Valour is a blend of Atlas Cedarwood, Rosemary, Thyme, Rose, Melissa, and Spikenard. Marge describes its aroma this way, “Aromatically, it is crisp and green, but not a young green...a stalwart, ancient green...and inhaling it makes the knot in my stomach go away.”

Oddly enough, we’ve recently had an increase in orders for both Valour Synergy and Anoint, as well as sample requests to try it. Wondering what that says about the mood of the country and the uncertain times we are living in? Perhaps the downturn in the economy, loss of jobs, and threat of epidemic sicknesses or the constant barrage of news about the afore-mentioned, does call for extra spiritual courage in this season.

Beginning in the summer, I personally felt a need for Atlas Cedarwood and began using it in my aroma lamp nearly every evening. About a week ago I made a Cedarwood spritzer for my living room, furniture, and curtains. What is really interesting is that I’ve never really been a big fan of Cedarwood and now I can’t get enough of it! I plan on using Valour on an ongoing basis until I feel the “need” lift. It is almost as if there is a collective pull toward spiritual courage and support at this time.

“The Blossoming Heart,” is available on our special books page or accompanying the Energetic Oils Kit, and you may read more about our Valour Synergy online.

1 comment:

Kaka said...

Interesting text & very cute picture. You have a nice blog. Keep it up!