Saturday, August 29, 2009

More on maintaining wellness

We have decided to repost a case study that fascinated me. This has, to my knowledge, never been published, so it is strictly "anecdotal evidence".

One of our nurses conducted an experiment in her child's elementary school.

Aloe vera gel, with 5% Ravensara or Ravintsara (we are not certain which oil was used.) For younger children I would most definitely choose the milder Ravintsara.

Three times a day, as the children entered the classroom, when lining up for lunch, and when lining up for the school bus, each child received a squirt of the above mixture as "hand lotion" to be rubbed into their hands.

The result of the experiment?

Throughout the school year, absenteeism in that one classroom was dramatically lower than that of the school as a whole. Brothers and sisters were ill and absent, the children using the Aloe blend were not.

I am going to be seeing my Indiana grandchildren over Labor Day, and plan to blend a BIG bottle of aloe and ravintsara for both families.

Please remember that the essential oils will not dissolve in Aloe Vera Gel the way they do in carrier oils. I plan to mix them really well, and give instructions that it must be shaken well before use. For 4 fl oz of Aloe Vera Gel, I plan to use a generous 6 mls of Ravintsara.

No comments: