Monday, July 1, 2013

Green Cleaning - Stovetop


Don't ever buy a WHITE flat burner stove.  Black ones, I'm told, are easy to keep looking good. White, on the other hand....  what was I thinking!

At any rate, this is a very typical view of my stove top (after I moved today's mail and a cookie jar and the tea kettle off it.)

I had wiped some cookie crumbs off it. And I took a razor blade to some really thick baked on goop, then wiped off what came up.  That's all. As you can tell, the right hand side of the stovetop was much dirtier.




Ingredients: 1/2 C (about 120 mls) White Vinegar, approximately 1 ml Sweet Orange. (I cheated, couldn't find the Sweet Orange so used Blood Orange.  Sweet Orange is actually a better grease cutter.)  Add the Orange Oil to the Vinegar.

Cover the (cold!) stovetop with a paper towel. Soak the towel with the Vinegar/EO mix.   Wait for 15 to 30 minutes.

Don't worry, your kitchen will NOT smell like you've been pickling, the orange oil cuts the sharpness of the vinegar.





WIPE!

You may need to wipe hard, and a plastic scrubby is useful.

VOILA!

It's not perfect...you can see one or two of the worst spots didn't come completely out. BUT, I only cleaned the right side, that had been much dirtier than the left.
Better?  Better!

No comments: