Monday, May 11, 2009

Following your Passion

Some folks here know my personal story, how years ago I was disabled, and told that I'd never work again. And how that frightening news gave me the greatest gifts...time to study and learn more about my passion - the healing oils that I had been "playing with." And from that abrupt derailing of my life grew Nature's Gift.


I am one of the truly blessed - those who have been gifted with the ability to do what we love.



My middle son seems to be in the midst of receiving that same gift. For years David has run a thriving Lawn Maintenance company. But his passion has always been fishing.


I remember when he and his brother were in elementary school, his father taking the family fishing - and David being the only one to catch anything. (Didn't please his father one bit!)


Years ago David bought a houseboat at a lake outside of Nashville... Dale Hollow Lake. And another boat... and started to learn the secrets of catching REALLY big fish up there.



This past week, Dale Hollow Trophy Trollers website went live. He's started guiding other would be fishermen who want to catch "trophy fish"


I don't truly understand my son's passion. For me, the reason to get up early and go out on the lake is to enjoy the peace and beauty of the surroundings. But the sight of my son following his dream, his passion, fills me with joy.

5 comments:

Andy said...

Oh man that looks like it would be good fried up in a little butter!

Marge said...

I think he grills 'em...

and smokes 'em...

and who knows what with them!

Ruth Shapiro said...

Best of luck David in your new adventure! I remember in elementary school that you were very adventurous.

Marge said...

Ruthie, looking back, "adventurous" was scarcely the word!!!!

Christine said...

How awesome!!